For Interior Design the focus is laid on the study of both architectural and design content with an inbuilt environment, along with developing human interface within a given space. This course emphasizes on space planning, creative problem solving, communication skills and knowledge of building materials, construction, and computer aided drafting and history of design to create professional and successful interior designers. A degree in interior designing is blended with keen sense of colour, design and space management that offers vast scope in terms of growth.
With changing lifestyle trends and realty industry growing by leaps and bounds, interior designers are the most sought professionals all around the world.
- History of world interiors, elements of interior design and interior design methodology.
- Interior technology, material and construction, Human dimensions and interior spaces.
- Environmental control systems & eco-friendly designs.
- Interior design projects on residential, outdoor spaces, education spaces and commercial spaces.
- Lighting systems, furniture and exhibition design.
- 2D & 3D digital technology and software, modular technology and system for commercial space designing.
- Design culture and psychology, modular design production and industry exposure.
Students indulged in this course are certified professional who can exclusively handle big projects like hotels, airports, major office buildings or interiors of theme parks. They may also try as interior consultant, can decorate private homes, prepare plans, other specifications like interior construction, furnishings, colors and lightings.