This unique industry oriented programme provides students with an integrated understanding and specialist perspective on the application of culture, context and professional practice in the fashion industry.
Through this dynamic programme, student will benefit from project and studio based work integrating design practice, technology and theory. Student will develop, implement and realize creative concepts and marketable products.
Levels and modules are designed thematically to focus on the learning outcomes against the school’s guidelines. We aim to produce Graduates & Masters who are imaginative, innovative, versatile and competitive. UID believes in;
- Producing graduates who have acquired theoretical and practical knowledge and skills required by the modern fashion industry
- Developing graduates with critical and analytical problem solving skills and general transferable skills (interpersonal skills, teamwork, etc.)
- Preparing students for a broad range of related employment opportunities
- A fashion designer is responsible to design dresses and accessories for the customers. Some designers are also specialized in costume design for those who want to work for television, movies and theater productions
- Their job is to manage fashion houses which mainly produce designer garments. They also give shape to the pattern pieces as well they also bring modifications in pattern pieces
- Fashion designers need to be creative, innovative as well as artistic who will have the ability to put the ideas in sketches. They should also have good sense of colour. Apart from this they should also posses excellent sketching skills